The St. Albert and Sturgeon Primary Care Network was established in 2006, to enhance the delivery of primary care services. PCN member physicians work with a health care team including nurses, pharmacists, mental health nurses, dietitians, social workers and other staff, to provide maternity to end of life care, focusing on treating illness, managing chronic conditions and maintaining wellness.
The St. Albert and Sturgeon PCN strives to be a leader in the community it serves by creating mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders. Through community partnerships opportunities are leveraged to promote patient centred service.
Geographical Service Area: St. Albert and Sturgeon County (including Alcomdale, Bon Accord, Calahoo, Lancaster Park, Legal, Morinville, Namao, Riviere Qui Barre, Alexander Reserve).
To deliver the best primary care to better the health and lives of all people in our community.
Improve the quality of comprehensive primary care to patients by supporting family physicians of the PCN community.
Collaboration: We strive to foster an environment that maximizes all resources and we seek collaborative opportunities with our partners and patients.
Equity: We strive to provide equitable care and resources to our community. We accomplish this by embracing tolerance, transparency, fairness and integrity.
Leadership: We are the leaders of comprehensive primary care health in our community. We lead by example.
Quality: We deliver using best practice in every interaction. Improvement is achieved through analysis and evaluation. We make every effort to instill confidence.
Sustainability: We view our long term ability to provide our services as vital to our community. Change is constant and we strive to manage the challenges and take advantage of opportunities.
Definition of Success for the PCN
The St. Albert and Sturgeon PCN defines success as the development and implementation of patient centred medical home where:
- Patients are activated and engaged in ongoing health optimization and health promotion activities.
- Patients are able to access the appropriate health and medical resources from the appropriate provider in a timely way.
- Family physicians are supported by the appropriate resources (inter-professional team, information resources, technology infrastructure, funding model and access to specialist services) to function as the central ‘hub’ for patient care, providing seamless coordination to an array of comprehensive health and medical services.
- The PCN is a sustainable and successful model of service delivery, one that enhances clinical quality and primary care service delivery, proven by clinical evaluation.
- The PCN works collaboratively with its community to support the health and wellbeing of patients by recognizing the impacts of the broader determinants of health.
Board Of Directors
List of Members
- Dr. L. Ashan Fernando – President
- Dr. Barbara Fischer – Vice President
- Dr. Jackie Kassam – Secretary/Treasurer
- Dr. Jon Hilner – Member at Large
- Dr. Marielle Pratt – Member at Large
- Dr. Brian Hayden – Member at Large
- Dr. Jennifer Yue – Member at Large
- Gordon Unger – Public Member
- Gareth Jones – Public Member
Contact the President
You can email the president at: firstname.lastname@example.org.